Connect to IEEE
What is IEEE?
So what is IEEE
is short for Institute for Electrical and Electronics Engineers. IEEE JMI
is a very reputed Student's Branch of this great institution. More information about IEEE
can be found at IEEE.org
The IEEE is the world's largest technical professional society, connecting more than 382,000 members to the latest information and the best technical resources available.
IEEE Student Membership is an unique way to gauge the benifits of IEEE membership but at at reduced membership rates. As student members we get almost all the resouces we require to develop our future career.
Excerpt from IEEE Bylaws (I-105. Privileges):
"Student Members shall have the rights and privileges of the Member grade, except the right to vote. Additional rights and privileges or limitations thereof, if any, shall be specified by the Regional Activities Board. Student members may use SIEEE or IEEE Student Member in their signature blocks, and on business cards, letterheads and such."
IEEE Student Membership Benifits
With an IEEE student membership you will be able to:
- Discover career opportunities and gain a better understanding of your field.
- Gain a competitive edge with the included IEEE Spectrum and IEEE Potentials magazines.
- Access world-class technical information provided by the IEEE and cut down your research time.
- Join IEEE technical societies in your areas of interest.
- Stay on the cutting edge with online resources available to members only--for technical information, planning a career move, or changing your e-mail provider.
- Network with peers and future employers in your field, gaining valuable leadership experiences and making career contacts.
- SAVE MONEY with substantial discounts on more than 15,000 IEEE books, journals, videos, and self-study courses.
- SAVE MORE MONEY AFTER GRADUATION with the IEEE Reduced Dues Discount - IEEE Student members graduating with their first professional degree receive a 50% discount off IEEE and Society membership dues the first year after graduation.
- GOLD (Graduates of the Last Decade)
- Free IEEE Email Alias, complete with virus-scanning software, and Communications Services (including IEEE Web Accounts and What's New @ IEEE for Students)
- Network with colleagues through local IEEE Section activities, Young Professional Groups and IEEE Student Branches
- Join one or more IEEE technical societies in your field of expertise and share information with industry leaders
- Connect with national societies outside of the IEEE
- Other IEEE Products and Services